Samstag, 3. März 2012

Sting - Fields of Gold


Artist ----  Sting
Song   ----  Fields of Gold
Album  ----  Ten Summoner's Tales (2003)

Background: Ten Summoner's Tales is Sting's fourth album as a solo artist. Fields of Gold was the second single release from that album and a great success. The album title is a pun on Sting's given name, Gordon Sumner. Sting was nominated for five Grammys with this album and won three of them.

Trivia: The whole album was filmed and played over 24 hours at Sting's Wiltshire Lakehouse.

My two cents: I think this is a very beautiful song. This song is very emotional and I can get emotional sometimes, needing this kind of music. I am also a big fan of Sting's drummer on this record, Vinnie Colaiuta. I like the music of The Police as well, but in my opinion Sting has better songs on his solo albums.

Cite: Will you stay with me, will you be my love, among the fields of barley

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen