Donnerstag, 1. März 2012

The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up



Artist ----  The Rolling Stones
Song   ----  Start me up
Album  ----  Tattoo You (1981)


Background: The song was composed by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. The first demo of it was already recorded in 1970. It's just made of three chords. The Rolling Stones were founded in 1962 and are still active today. They are one of the most persistent and commercial successful bands on this planet.


Trivia: Microsoft used it as the song for their Windows 95 marketing campaign. 


My two cents: I've never really been into the Stones. Some songs are pretty good and of course they are the godfathers of rock. They never really caught me though. But it's the perfect song to start this project with and I really like the dancing moves of Jagger (uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh moves like Jaggaaa...). I'd say the lyrics are about sex, what do you think? I still have two friends near Cologne that I would call the biggest Stones fans in the world. Actually their whole family.


Cite: You make a grown man cry

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen