Dienstag, 27. März 2012

Angus & Julia Stone - Big Jet Plane



Artist ----  Angus and Julia Stone
Song   ----  Big Jet Plane
Album  ----  Down The Way (2010)

Background: Angus & Julia Stone are an Australian brother-sister duo from Newport close to Sidney. They already made music together as kids and formed the project in 2005. In 2007, their debut album A Book Like This was released. The sophomore self-produced album Down the Way saw a worldwide release in March 2010 and the album debuted at number 1 in their native country and is now triple platinum. It was the highest-selling album by an Australian artist in 2010.  Their song Big Jet Plane received number 1 position in the Triple J Hottest 100. The song is a modified version of a song released by Angus Stone as part of his solo project. 

Trivia: As travelling has been an integral part of the Stones' musical story, they opted to record this album in a number of diverse locations around the globe – an old sawmill, a studio in Brooklyn, another one in Queens, New York, and a water tank.

My two cents: I heard Julia Stone for the first time last week at the hairdresser's shop. I'm pretty sure I heard songs of them earlier but this time I asked what CD they were playing. I liked the easy listening and calm character since I was about to cut my long hair, so I was very nervous. The music was so nice it helped me to calm down, smile and enjoy the sun coming in through the windows. It's getting summer guys, get out and enjoy the sun! Shall I take you there on my big jet plane?

Cite: Gonna take you, away from home

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen