Freitag, 2. März 2012

2 Pac - California Love


Artist ----  2 Pac
Song   ----  California Love
Album  ----  All Eyez on me (1996)

Background: This song is Tupac Shakur's most successful single. It was released as his comeback single upon his release from prison in 1995. It features Dr. Dre and was also produced by him. On the All Eyez On Me album is actually a Remix of this song, the original version was released later on on 2 Pac's Greatest Hits Album. The tune for this song is taken from the Joe Cocker song "Woman to Woman".

Trivia: All Eyez On Me is the first double studio album in hip hop history. It was issued on two CDs or four LPs.

My two cents: Alright alright, I'm not the hip hop guy and I don't care, West or East Coast. I don't have Bling Bling and no gun in my underpants, I was never in jail (so far). But: As soon as this beat starts I recognize it, I like the flow and instrumentation on it and most of all: I like the voice effect on "Califooorniaaa". This is made with a talk box, a vocal effect where you put a plastic tube in your mouth and where the effect is controlled by the amount of air going through the tube. Can you imagine a cool rapper on stage with a plastic tube in his mouth!?

Cite: Throw up a finger if ya feel the same way

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen