Montag, 19. März 2012

KT Tunstall - Black Horse and the Cherry Tree


Artist ----  KT Tunstall
Song   ----  Black Horse and the Cherry Tree
Album  ----  Eye to the Telescope (2004)

Background: Kate Victoria "KT" Tunstall (born 1975) is a Scottish singer-songwriter and guitarist. She has enjoyed commercial and critical success since 2004, picking up three nominations before winning a BRIT Award, and a Grammy Award nomination. Her début album, Eye to the Telescope, was released in late 2004. Tunstall's style of music varies from folk to pop. "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" was one of the most successful singles and most radio-played songs of 2005 in the United Kingdom. She has released three studio albums internationally so far: Eye to the Telescope (2004), Drastic Fantastic (2007) and Tiger Suit (2010).

Trivia: Tunstall's first appearance of note was this solo performance on Later... with Jools Holland. The performance was notable as she had only 24 hours to prepare after scheduled performer Nas cancelled.

My two cents: Well, I'm not sure if this is a real song or a really good advertisement for a Loop Recorder. Nevertheless, her voice is pretty unique and the way she builds up this song just on her own is pretty amazing! Beat, harmonies and voices, guitar and singing, all played live. I really like the blues touch in this song and the lyrics are great. I need to get more recent music of her and listen to that, I love her voice!

Cite: Well my heart knows me better than I know myself, so I'm gonna let it do all the talking

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen