Sonntag, 4. März 2012

Stevie Wonder - Superstition




Artist ----  Stevie Wonder
Song   ----  Superstition
Album  ----  Talking Book (1972)

Background: This is one of the most popular songs by Stevie Wonder written for Motown Records. Wonder was only 22 years old at that time and nowadays it is referred to as Wonder's "classic period". The song was a number one hit in the US and also had great success in Europe. This song is ranked as #74 in the "500 Greatest Songs of All Time" in the Rolling Stone magazine.

Trivia: Famous guitarist Jeff Beck played guitar on Wonder's Talking Book album and also created the drums for this song

My two cents: I never heard of this song two years ago. Then it suddenly popped up, I heard it twice on the radio and a friend sent the YouTube link to me, all in one day. Now I'm happy every time I'm listening to it. It's a great song, well arranged and played, and I just love watching Stevie Wonder randomly banging on his funky keyboard. The brass section is way to loud in the recording but who cares, Stevie Wonder does not :)

Cite: When you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen