Samstag, 17. März 2012

Pain of Salvation - Sisters




Artist ----  Pain of Salvation
Song   ----  Sisters
Album  ----  Road Salt One (2010)

Background: Pain of Salvation is a Swedish band headed by singer, composer and instrumentalist Daniel Gildenlöw. Road Salt One is their seventh studio album and marks the beginning of a change in style, instrumentation and band members. The band exists under the name Pain of Salvation since 1991. Their style varies from progressive rock to folk to 70s avantgarde. This song is the story of a guy on a party meeting the sister of his girlfriend and both fighting their attraction to each other. 

Trivia: Every album of the eight recorded studio albums of Pain of Salvation is a concept album, meaning all songs on the album are unified by a main theme, instrumental, compositional, narrative or lyrical.

My two cents: I actually have a lot to say about this song. Not only have I been to a concert of Pain of Salvation two days ago that I really enjoyed, but this band is really one of my favourite bands. Their style is so diverse that it is very difficult to find a fixed genre for them. The first time I listened to this song I thought it's nothing special. Then I read the lyrics and listened to the song while reading... Wow! You have to check out the lyrics, this whole composition is just perfect! Do it! Then you will understand what I mean... This song is special, it's dramatic and it's emotional. One comment on YouTube written by a girl says this song makes her horny.

Cite: If she looks me deep into my eyes and softly asks me to, I'd be in her bed and in her flesh and waste the life I knew

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen